Take two minutes to tell your Senators and Representative about the importance of expanded U.S. assistance to Nagorno Karabakh and Armenia, as Congress begins its consideration of the Fiscal Year 2016 foreign aid bill.
Join the Congressional Armenian Caucus, the ANCA and Armenian American groups across the U.S. in calling for:
1) At least $5 million in U.S. developmental aid to Nagorno Karabakh.
2) Zero-out U.S. military aid to Azerbaijan until it agrees with OSCE Minsk Group calls to pull back its snipers, ceases its aggression, renounces violence, and commits to a purely peaceful resolution of regional conflicts.
3) At least $40 million in U.S. economic assistance to Armenia.
4) A special focus on addressing the difficulties in providing humanitarian and resettlement aid to Armenian, Assyrian and other at-risk minorities in Syria, as well as targeted aid to help Armenia settle thousands fleeing from Syria.
5) At least 10% of U.S. assistance to Georgia to be used for job creation programs in the Samtskhe-Javakheti region of that country.
6) Language strengthening Section 907 restrictions on U.S. aid to Azerbaijan.
Simply type in your name and address below and click “Submit”. The ANCA SmartMail system will offer you draft letters which you can personalize sharing our communty’s foreign aid priorities with your Senators and Representative and urging them to take action.