For Immediate Release
Contact: Armen Sahakyan
ANCA Eastern Region Seeks Virtual Research Interns
Armenian National Committee of America – Eastern Region (ANCA-ER) is happy to offer full and part-time virtual internships for undergraduates, advanced degree students, and recent graduates who are interested in gaining practical research experience. Interns will conduct short- and medium-term research on assigned topics and have the flexibility of working remotely. This internship is an excellent opportunity for individuals who wish to pursue their careers in international affairs, public policy, regional studies, media, and related sectors. The internship will be for 4 months (with a possibility of extension), with average work load expected to be 10 hours/week. This is an unpaid position.
Research Interns will have the opportunity to develop analytical and writing skills related to policy issues in the following areas:
- Geopolitics and Security
- Economy and Trade
- Religious Freedom and Minority Rights
An interested candidate must:
- Be at least a college junior in good standing; advanced degree student or recent graduate preferred.
- Be a self-starter – highly organized and detail-oriented
- Have excellent research, analytical, and writing skills
- Have general knowledge, understanding, and interest in the Armenian Cause
- Have a Command of English – Armenian, Russian, Turkish a plus
- Be well-versed in Microsoft Office, with experience utilizing online social media and search tools
- Have an interest in gaining deep knowledge in the politics of Middle East, South Caucasus, and U.S. foreign policy
Applicants should be able to start the internship by December 1, 2017. All interested candidates should send a resume, transcript(s), and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, November 10, 2017. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
In your cover letter, please address the following:
- What dates are you available to work?
- Where did you learn about the position?
- Select one or more of your areas of interest based on the descriptions above and explain why you would like to work on this area(s).
- Please, explain how an internship with ANCA-ER will benefit your personal and professional development.
ABOUT ANCA EASTERN REGION
The Armenian National Committee of America – Eastern Region (ANCA-ER) is the grassroots advocacy organization representing the views and advancing the policy priorities of Armenian Americans and friends of Armenia across the Eastern United States. Working in coordination with a network of local ANCs, community advocates and local supporters, the ANCA-ER actively advances the concerns, interests, and priorities of the Armenian American community on a broad range of issues.
The main goals of the ANCA-ER are:
- To foster public awareness in support of a free, united and independent Armenia;
- To influence and guide U.S. policy on matters of interest to the Armenian American community;
- To represent the collective Armenian American viewpoint on matters of public policy, while serving as liaison between the community and their elected officials.